No More Kangaroo Leather: All-New Synthetic Next-Gen Puma King 2023 Boots Released - Debuted By Xhaka & Zinchenko
Puma today released the next-generation King football boots, and they are a revolution.
The King gets high-profile player support from Xhaka, Doan, Zinchenko & more
The Puma King has been a fixture in football for over 55 years, worn by legendary players such as Pelé, Maradona, and Johan Cruyff. However, it has slipped out of the spotlight at the elite level of the game in recent years. The new King Ultimate is a revamped and revitalized version of the classic football boot, ready to take its place alongside the Future and Ultra in PUMA's roster of elite-level boots.
Puma King Ultimate "Supercharge Pack" - Puma White/Puma Black/Blue Glimmer/Puma Ultra Orange
Check out the new Puma King Ultimate soccer cleats in puma white/puma black/blue glimmer/puma ultra orange below.
The launch edition of the King Ultimate soccer cleats from Puma have a modern design. Part of the Puma Supercharge pack, they combine a white upper with black/blue brandings and orange pops of color.
K-Better replaces k(kangaroo)-leather
To pay homage to the King's heritage, the Puma King Supercharge 2023 football shoe boot features a subtle DNA graphic on the medial side, which builds up to a hexagonal embossed pattern on the forefoot to aid touch and control of the ball.
Tech-wise, the all-new King Ultimate football boot are a revolution. Puma have replaced the iconic K-leather construction with a new revolutionary material called K-Better.
The King Ultimate football boots feature K-Better, an innovative, environmentally-conscious upper material that looks, feels, and plays like leather. The material is made from recycled industrial waste and is a synthetic, non-animal base that is 30 percent thinner than K-leather, twice as stretchy, and ten times more durable.
The Puma King 2023 Ultimate soccer cleats also feature a knitted collar, external heel cup, and an all-new soleplate with a torsion spine and classic conical studs.
Puma King 2023 Supercharge Launch Edition - Features
- Leather-free upper: Innovative "K-Better" material instead of material leather
- K-Better provides the same softness as traditional materials and yet is 30% thinner, offering a close-to-ball feel for an intuitive touch
- Twice as stretchy as traditional leather so the boots better retain their shape
- Integrated knitted collar ensures slip-on comfort
- Forefoot and midfoot micro-texturing
- "1968" incorporated at the rearfoot
- Lightweight soleplate features a guiding stability spine and external heel counter plus conical studs
- Price: EUR 200 (GBP 185)
- Colorway: Puma White/Puma Black/Blue Glimmer/Puma Ultra Orange
- Release date: 2 March 2023
The new Puma King Ultimate boots are available since March 2023, retailing at EUR 200 (GBP 185).
Do you like the new King 2023 football boots from Puma? Comment below, and have a look at the Boot Calendar for all the latest Puma boots.