Puma King Ultimate 'Icon' 2023 Boots Released - Honoring Eusébio, Pelé, Cruyff, Matthäus, and Maradona
Puma today launched the Puma King Icon edition to commemorate their rich football history and pay homage to some of the greatest players of all time who wore the legendary Puma King boots. The iconic lineup includes Eusébio, Pelé, Johan Cruyff, Lothar Matthäus, and Diego Maradona, who have left an indelible mark on the world of football.
It is hard to see the inspiration
Puma King 2023 'Icon' - White/Black/Pele Yellow/Orange
Check out the new Puma King Ultimate soccer cleats in white/black/pele yellow/orange below.
The new Puma King Ultimate football boots have a state-of-the-art colorway that "combines the national colors associated with each of these five influential figures, highlighting their significant contributions to Puma, the King brand, and football itself".
The Puma King Icon combines a clean white upper with a multicolor Puma Formstripe and a chrome sole plate. The multicolor Formstripe represents the different countries of the legendary footballers who wore the original Puma King.
However, if Puma would not have highlighted what inspired the paint job, it would be difficult to connect them in any way with the classic Puma King and the legendary footballers who wore them.
Interestingly, the Puma King Ultimate has already undergone its fourth white paint job within just two and a half months since its release.
Tech-wise, the new Puma King Ultimate Icon soccer boots are the same as regular colorways.
The Puma King Icon comes without any traditional leather but with K-Better. K-Better is an innovative, non-animal-based upper material that offers "unparalleled touch and control".
In addition to the redesigned upper, the King Icon edition features a lightweight outsole with an external heel counter, King stability spine, and conical studs, providing enhanced control over both movement and the ball.
Puma King 2023 'Icon' - Features
- Leather-free upper: Innovative "K-Better" material instead of material leather
- K-Better provides the same softness as traditional materials and yet is 30% thinner, offering a close-to-ball feel for an intuitive touch
- Twice as stretchy as traditional leather for a fit that lasts longer
- Integrated knitted collar ensures slip-on comfort
- Forefoot and midfoot micro-texturing
- "1968" incorporated at the rearfoot
- Lightweight soleplate features a guiding stability spine and external heel counter plus conical studs
- Price: EUR 230 (GBP 210)
- Colorway: White/Black/Pele Yellow/Orange
- Release date: 18 May 2023
The new Puma King 2023 Icon football shoes are available since 18 May 2023, retailing at EUR 230 (GBP 210).
Do you like the Puma 'Icon' King Ultimate cleats? Comment below, and see the Boot Calendar for all the latest Puma cleats.