Arsenal's Tomiyasu Joins Asics
Update: Confirming our report from 1 January 2023, Arsenal and Japanese international Takehiro Tomiyasu has officially joined his "home brand", Asics.
No More Mercurial: Tomiyasu Becomes Face of Asics DS Light X-Fly 4
Takehiro Tomiyasu is wearing the Asics DS Light X-Fly 4 soccer cleats. The Asics Light X-Fly 4 is a much-loved lightweight Japanese leather speed boot.
Asics DS Light X-Fly 4 - Fact Sheet
- Series launched in 2012 as part of Asics' effort to compete in the super light category
- Signature boots of Barcelona and Spanish midfielder, Andrés Iniesta
- Upper made of "platinum" kangaroo leather with a unique finish that adds a glossy appearance and reduces water absorption
- 3mm layer of rebound foam under the leather upper for a slightly padded touch
- Midfoot has a grip element with rubberized strips and a unique lace loop design
- Suede heel liner with no padding, but a secure fit nonetheless
- Equipped with a SOLYTE insole for additional cushioning without adding weight
- Touch on the ball feels barefoot with a hint of padding, shooting feels natural and controlling the ball is straightforward
1 January 2023: Arsenal's Tomiyasu to Join Asics?
Arsenal's Takehiro Tomiyasu has been spotted training in Asics boots, signaling a new boot sponsor for the Japanese international.
Tomiyasu Joins Asics from nike
Arsenal right-back Takehiro Tomiyasu has made the switch from Nike to one of the lesser spotted boot brands, Asics. He had been wearing various Nike models for his whole career, including at the World Cup, but recently returned to club training in a pair of DS Light X-Fly 4 on his feet.
Tomiyasu wore Nike Mercurial Superfly 8s at the World Cup for Japan, while his teammate Miki Yamane sported a pair of Asics DS Lights like the ones Tomiyasu was recently spotted in. The fact that his boots were a standard colourway with no attempt to cover up the branding indicates that he has signed a contract with Asics.
Do you think it's a good move for Tomiyasu? Let us know in the comments.