Nike Phantom GX 'Thunder' Special Boots Leaked
Update: Martina Piemonte wore the unreleased NIke Phantom GX 'Thunder' boot during a recent training session with the Italian women's team. It will be released on Monday 4th December 2023.
Update: Footy Headlines can confirm that the special edition Nike Phantom GX 'Thunder' boot will be released on Monday 4th December 2023. As we guessed, they are actually called "Thunder".
Update: A Chinese player was spotted wearing the unreleased Nike Phantom GX 'Thunder' boot during the Thailand vs China match in the Asia 2024 World Cup qualifiers. Thanks to @ericwang7621 for spotting this.
Images show counterfeit products
Nike Phantom GX 'Thunder' - Purple/White/Black
This picture shows the new Nike Phantom GX 'Thunder' cleats in 'Purple/White/Black'.
The Nike Phantom GX 'Thunder' football boots are purple combined with unique thunder patterns near the heel under the GripKnit fabric.
The Swoosh logo is a dark purple color with a white border, while the chrome soleplate appears to be a mix of purple and yellow.
Indeed, the colors of the Phantom GX 'Thunder' football boots are reminiscent of the Nike Mercurial Vapor 11 'Floodlight', which Nike released back in 2016.
The new Phantom GX 'Thunder' boots are identical to the first edition looking at features.
Nike Phantom GX 'Thunder' - Features
- Successor of Nike Phantom GT
- Made for passing control and shot accuracy
- Two Models: Collared with lace cover, low-cut with a small lace area
- Nike Gripknit: Sticky material that provides better touch to the ball
- Nike Ghost Lacing System: Total lace cover (collared version), upper covers first two laces (low-cut version)
- Asymmetry in the collar and heel provides comfort
- Flyknit collar
- Outsole: Tri-star studs (the highest number and biggest variety of any Nike cleat)
- Price: USD 275 (high-cut)/250 (low-cut)
- Colorway: Purple/White/Black
- Release date: Monday, 4 December 2023
The new Nike Phantom GX 'Thunder' boots are available from Monday, 4 December 2023, retailing at around USD 275 (high-cut)/250 (low-cut).
Do you like Nike's new Phantom GX 'Thunder' football boots? Let us know in the comments below, and check out the Boot Calendar for more Nike boots.